Tuesday, February 12, 2013

edTPA

On-Going Reflection
How has your participation thus far in the edTPA impacted your knowledge and skills in the following areas:

Planning- I feel that edTPA has not helped in the planning processes as much as it has in the other areas. I do however plan on how I will work with my students more but I do not think about the materials and process steps. It was my main focus on my previous lesson but now it is more about objectives and assessment to help students learn.


Instruction- It has really helped me break down my lesson into small steps and focus on details that I may not have previously considered


Assessment- This is important so that you can make sure your students are learning. edTPA is all about students and in order to make sure they are getting everything they need assessments are necessary!


What questions do you have at this point?

Is there any way to make this simpler? Some of it seems a bit repetitive, and things get lost in the details.I just need to get more understanding, it feels repetitive and it confuses me so I feel unorganized and can not figure out where to start.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your reflection, Taryn. I think that the video today kind of nailed the "simpler" question. Teaching is not simple, and so to find a way to evaluate effective teaching is pretty complicated and multifacetted. I've tried to break the edTPA down so it is manageable; but even I get overwhelmed at times! The eportfolio will help organize the parts, I think. I'm not sure what you mean by "things get lost in the details." I have been impressed with your lessons thus far. Please let me know if I can be of more help.

    ReplyDelete