Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Diverse Learners

How do you differentiate instruction for diverse learners?

Always changing my instruction and to make sure each student is understanding. I am really interested in the multiple intelligence's and I think it is important to incorporate all types of learning into each lesson. By taking a look at what each type of learner is interested in and figuring out how they learn then altering your lesson to incorporate things that will help them learn the objectives you are teaching. For visual learners using examples and showing them how to do the project, show things step by step, talk to the students for auditory learners, give written had outs, and kinesthetic have them do it and learn by trail and error.  Also with any students that make have disabilities or special needs I can alter the lesson for those individuals based on their IEP's and how well I know each student and their capabilities. I can modify the project for their abilities by either giving them more time, change what is being assess or graded, and/or making the process easier for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment