Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mondovi #2

Today I was able to go to the Mondovi Elementary school in the morning to watch them create baskets.  It amazes me the projects they are able to create in such a short amount of time. I asked Ms. Kees about how to talk to students using the PBIS techniques they have implemented in their school.  For instance there was a girl that was not sitting in her seat so I asked her to please go back to your seat and work on your art and she ignored me, so I asked again to go sit down, she said she was writing names down so I backed off a little. Later I found out you should use the PBIS tactics by remind them of the rules, then ask them what they should be doing, and finally tell them what to do. If they do what they are suppose to then you should thank them for doing the right actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment