Monday, May 6, 2013

Mondovi #4 4/5/13


April 5th 2013

I did my lesson with 3rd grade today. It was the first time doing it with this grade level. I tried it out with my middle school students and it was very successful but we had 45 min to do it and it was with self hardening clay and they had extra time but with 3rd grade they used Mold Magic and I only had 30 minutes. This was not enough time to complete this project and try to explain everything. Next time I do this lesson I will need to make it in two class periods instead. Also I do not know the clap they used for their class so when I clapped a different rhythm they were a little confused. Also they were so excited about the project it was hard for them to sit still and have a low voice level. I used what I learned from my CT on Wednesday when she said “Everyone sit on your bottoms so everyone can see” and also I used their PBIS technique and would thank my students when they were doing the right behavior. Like when they were quiet and using their inside voices I thanked them.  I defiantly needed to make this at least a two-day lesson. I also have the materials set out before class rather than handing them out one at a time during class.
My CT and I talked about how I can improve and we talked about some of the students that may be harder to keep motivated and how to fix it. For instance one of the students was very angry when we were handing back their painting assignments and we waited until the end to hand back the projects that didn’t have names. He was offended because he said his name was on it and that he saw his picture so she should give it to him. She calmly explained the rules to him but he continued to argue. He finally gave up his fight when she said next time put your name on the back in the middle of the page so she can see it.  The other student I was struggling with was seeking my attention and I didn’t want to give in to much but I would check on her periodically but she got frustrated when I didn’t spend all class hour with her. I didn’t want to give her all my attention because she would pretend to fail just so I would come by her. I will have to keep trying to work with her.  

PBIS structure at Mondovi:
Remind
Reteach
Compliment/Thank when doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment