Monday, May 6, 2013

Mondovi #7 4/19/13


April 19th 2013

I finished my lesson with the first group of students I had. It was difficult to work with them because I wanted to start the project over. When I thought this lesson the first time we I thought we could finish the whole lesson in 30min including clean up and I was wrong. So today some of them were behind and I found better string for them to work with so they removed the brown thick string they had with a thinner black strand of hemp.  Many of their beads were breaking so if I were to do this again I would use clay and make more time to discuss and assess their work by having them write on paper or a worksheet about what texture and design are. I did really well with my PBIS today. I asked several students “Do you think that was the best why to do that? How/what could you do differently?” I was excited and try to challenge myself to implement PBIS to at least 3 students per class period.
We hung up 2 different displays today and talked about how to hang them and what to do with the ones that won’t fit on the boards. We tried to get as many up as we could but we tell the students we hung them all so that when they look for theirs they just think they can’t find it. This way their feelings don’t get hurt if they think we didn’t choose them. Also we put a few on top that were exceptional but after that they were in a random order so anyone’s art could get in.
Today is my last day here at the Mondovi Elementary School. I will have completed 29 ½ hours here and I recognize the students but was not remembering many of their names. The next experience I have I would really like to improve in this area. I have NEVER been good at remembering names and my CT gets about 225 different students. When I do speak to the students I always say thing that I remembered about them even though I had forgotten their names. I would say things like “I really liked the alien you drew last week you are so creative maybe you could show me what else you like to draw.” This way they know I am paying attention to them and remember something about each of them and they don’t even notice I didn’t say their name. Unfortunately when my 5th graders came in I did not use the PBIS system as much. I did it 3 times but the class was misbehaving so much I had to resort to other methods to try to maintain the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment